Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Interior Accessories - Wingback Chair

My latest project!  The original color of this chair was deep orange.  It didn't quite go with my color scheme so I decided to reupholster!  While shopping for the perfect upholstery fabric, I had my mind set on a floral pattern and to my disappointment, with very limited selections, I settled with this embroidered fabric. As you can see below, It is used for the back side only.  I kept the front side simple using white linen.   This allows the design in the back to really stand out.  To finish it off, I used decorative nail heads to hold it together which also gives it a touch of elegance.  Despite the initial disappointment with the fabric, I am actually very pleased with how the wingback chair turned out.






3 comments:

  1. Where did you find the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an upholsterer I think your idea with the different fabrics is perfect but I am sorry to say your execution of the actual upholstering of the chair is lacking the professional touch. Ill placed pleats, creases, and crooked closed nailing are taking away from what I believe you set out to do. Please dont be upset by my critique just take it on board band make it right .

    ReplyDelete