Monday, July 23, 2012

Cane Wing Back Chair

What a great Craigslist find.  A modern interpretation of the traditional Wing back Chair. It's original color was light brown and had a pink upholstery with cat hair all over.  Once home, I cleaned it up, and went to work on it.  I took it apart, sanded it down, made a mess in my husbands garage, and gave it a new look.  I couldn't resist this brown mahogany finish.  For the upholstery, I chose to keep it simple to an off white linen fabric.  It's frame is sturdy and what a FABULOUS piece!  

USES IN THE HOME:

Like the earliest versions, the wing back chair is still often used in front of the fireplace in a living room or den.  A pair of these creates a cozy seating area with a small table between them. Wing back chairs are ideal in a master bedroom and also large guest rooms.  



No comments:

Post a Comment